Thursday, May 18, 2006

Memories

I did something that I don't do very often, I visited my mom's gravesight. It's been over eight years since she's past and I typically don't go there. My theory is that my memories of her live inside of me and that I shouldn't need to go to a cemetary to remember her spirit. But I decided to go anyway. I just spent a few minutes reflecting. I miss her so much. I wish she was her. I hope she's proud of me. I wish I could share my accomplishments with her. I wish I could just tell her that I love her. I wish I could hug her and thank her for being a wonderful person. In an odd way, it felt good to cry at the cemetary. When a loved one dies, you never get over it. You only learn to accept it. The tears that I had only reminded me of how fragile we all are and that life is too short. I need to continue to use the memory of my mother as an inspiration and to make her proud. Thanks for the inspiration mom! I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home